ZCTextIndex Add: Create a new ZCTextIndex
A ZCTextIndex is an index for performing full text searches over
bodies of text. It includes the following features:
- Boolean query operators with parenthetical grouping
- Globbing (partial word) and phrase matching
- Two selectable relevance scoring algorithms
ZCTextIndex is designed as a replacement for standard TextIndex, and
has several advantages over it.
- The id of the ZCTextIndex, must be unique for this ZCatalog.
- The name of the field (object attribute) to be indexed.
- Okapi BM25 Rank A relevance scoring technique that seems to
work well when the document text is considerably longer than the
query string, which is often the case with user specified query
- Cosine Measure A relevance scoring technique derived from the
Managing Gigabytes book. It seems
to work best when the queries are similar in size and content to
the text they are searching.
- The ZCTextIndex Lexicon to be used by this ZCTextIndex.
Lexicons process and store the words from the text and
help in processing queries. You must define a ZCTextIndex
Lexicon before you can create a ZCTextIndex. Several
ZCTextIndexes can share the same Lexicon if desired.